Monday, 28 January 2013
Preview of Cairo's Fashion Nights 2nd Edition & a look back at Edition 1. By Glenn Belverio
In case you haven't already heard, I am VERY excited about my first trip to Egypt. My friend Susan Sabet, the editor-in-chief of Cairo-based fashion magazine PASHION, suggested the trip to me on my birthday a few weeks ago. So, I'll be there reporting for ASVOF on the 2nd edition of Cairo's Fashion Nights (which I already know will be infinitely more interesting and glamorous than the shark-jumped Fashion's Night Out in New York), young and established Egyptian designers, luxury hotels and the sights of Cairo and Aswan (located in the Nubian Desert). If you happen to be in that neck of the woods, give me a holler and we'll meet for champagne at the long feet of the Sphinx.
Some highlights of Cairo's Fashion Nights, which Susan co-organizes, coming up on February 9:
* “High Tea at Tiffany’s” & more surprises at TIFFANY & CO. from 6 pm. (Which is a glamorous coincidence, since I just finished a 2-month copywriting assignment at Tiffany.)
* BULGARI kicks off a week of charity sales in aid of “Save the Children Egypt” with a cocktail from 7 - 8 pm donating 100% of the proceeds of the specially created silver ring as well as 15% on all other collections.
* Discover “The Best of French Fashion in Cairo” at a cocktail reception hosted by H.E. The French Ambassador & Mrs.Nicolas Galey at Club 35 from 9 – 10 pm.
* Travel through time, and meet Egypt’s leading jewelry designer AZZA FAHMY, and win a fabulous piece worn by a Hollywood celebrity.
* Disalata.com's very own Nadine Sabry from "The Fashion Show" will be covering CFN for the 2nd time! Come say hi and get interviewed for a chance to be on Cairo's only online fashion show.
And here's a glimpse of the 1st Edition of Cairo's Fashion Nights which took place in November 2011:
Susan Sabet, left, with designer Amina K on far right
Shahira Fahmy of Mix and Match and Fashion Police Kegham Djeghalian. All I have to say is if THAT'S Cairo's Fashion Police, I'm intentionally wearing a terrible outift to CFN to guarantee I'll get arrested!
Stay tuned for my reports from Cairo and Aswan. Egypt is much more than just political protests and soccer riots this season....
Beautiful Stranglers video filmed in Cairo
Posted by Glenn Belverio at 03:38 PM | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Preview of Cairo's Fashion Nights 2nd Edition & a look back at Edition 1. By Glenn Belverio:
I am looking forward to your reports, I remember my only trip to Cairo and Luxor and Aswan, quite magical, is this your first trip there or a return visit?
Posted by: DP | Jan 28, 2013 5:14:25 PM